[rspec-users] Rails - Mock going out of scope?

Mikel Lindsaar raasdnil at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 00:23:50 EDT 2007

Here are the migrations:

class CreateNodes < ActiveRecord::Migration
  def self.up
    create_table ("nodes", :options => 'ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT
CHARSET=utf8', :force => true) do |t|
      t.column "title",            :string
      t.column "language_id",      :integer
      t.column "parent_id",        :integer
      t.column "lft",              :integer
      t.column "rgt",              :integer
      t.column "original_node_id", :integer
      t.column "owner_id",         :integer
      t.column "owner_type",       :string
      t.column "root_id",          :integer

  def self.down
    drop_table "nodes"

class CreateLanguagesTable < ActiveRecord::Migration
  def self.up
    create_table (:languages, :options => 'ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT
CHARSET=utf8', :force => true) do |t|
      t.column :name, :string

  def self.down
    drop_table :languages

The Nodes Model also has a self referrential association, but I don't
think that would be causing any problems.

class Node < ActiveRecord::Base
  belongs_to :language
  belongs_to :owner, :polymorphic => true

  # Self referrential association, nodes have many original nodes - keeps track
  # of all original => translation associations
  belongs_to :original_node, :class_name => "Node", :foreign_key =>
"original_node_id"
  has_many :translated_nodes, :class_name => "Node", :foreign_key =>
"original_node_id"

  acts_as_nested_set :scope => :root_id

  #  + code from the original pastie

end

There are some other associations, but they are all belongs_to or
has_many, so I haven't bothered to put all the tables in here and have
removed the appropriate foreign keys from the nodes table.

Regards

Mikel