[rspec-users] Promoting options to heckle?

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 12:12:40 EDT 2007

On 7/12/07, Robert Feldt <robert.feldt at bth.se> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying out RSpec with the heckle option (for mutation testing).
>

> Problem is that heckle goes into an infinite loop when running it on an
> example. I want to send a "--verbose" to heckle but can't find a way to do
> that through the spec binary. Since this is not an uncommon situation when
> using heckle I would like this to be supported in some way by RSpec.
> Thoughts?

Hi Robert,

I can see this working a couple of ways. We've got a -b switch which
results in a complete backtrace showing up. That seems more or less
synonymous with the notion of --verbose, which we don't have
explicitly. So, what if we added a --verbose switch that affected any
other options, like Heckle, or RCov? I think that would be simpler
than trying to come up with targeted --verbose switches.

WDYT?