[rspec-users] Testing route globbing and limitations of get()

David Leal dgleal at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 11:31:14 EDT 2007

Hi David, thanks for your reply.

Regarding the last topic below, there's something about which I'm not quite

The catchall method that I'm trying to test works by getting a path from the
request object passed to it (during testing it's a TestRequest object). If I
understand correctly, there is no way to test this method without writing an
integration test. But shouldn't the request object honor the path I've set
instead of resetting it?

On 7/2/07, David Chelimsky <dchelimsky at gmail.com> wrote:
> > If I try to specify the path using
> >
> > request.path = '/something/somewhere'
> > get 'my_action_name'
> >
> > the path comes out as '/'.
> This is all stuff related to Integration Testing, which I'm guessing
> is what you read about.
> > Can anyone instruct me on how to do this correctly?
> I think this should be answered by now. Write back if you still don't
> understand.

David Leal
969 572 510