[rspec-users] Aspects in RSpec 1.0.5

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 05:22:32 EDT 2007

On 7/2/07, Ashley Moran <work at ashleymoran.me.uk> wrote:
> On 27 Jun 2007, at 16:57, David Chelimsky wrote:
> > There's an RFE for this in the tracker - wanna contribute this as a
> > patch? If you do, please use "facet" instead of "aspect".
> I had a quick look at this - didn't get much chance because I had
> work to do too.  I had a scan through the specs and code for the
> Behaviour class, but I came a bit unstuck because adding the "facet"
> method doesn't actually add any behaviour.  So what goes in the
> specs?  Is it enough to test that a spec inside a facet (inside a
> facet?) runs?  Or a spec inside a facet (inside a facet?) fails?  Or
> should I test that specs get added to the list of those due to run?

IIRC, part of the facet idea was to prepend the facet text to the
descriptive string:

describe XP do
  facet "pair programming" do
    it "should work better when team members have breath mints" do

- (pair programming) should work better when team members have breath mints

So you could write examples that describe the behaviour's description string.