[rspec-users] rspec + CakePHP

s.ross cwdinfo at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 23:39:25 EST 2007

I'll take a shot at answering this. rSpec doesn't passively observe
the code under test, it actively interrogates it. So rSpec, which is
written in Ruby will not be mappable into the PHP space. Consider
this example:

assigns[:person].first_name.should == 'bob'

Here's a snippet of controller spec that is reaching into the
controller and checking out the contents of @person. See why it won't
work?

Have a look at this:

http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=439480