[rspec-users] errors while testing resource controller using rpec

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 06:33:26 EST 2007

On 1/30/07, Deepak Jois <deepak.jois at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/30/07, David Chelimsky <dchelimsky at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hence you should report this to the rspec tracker:
> >
> > http://rspec.rubyforge.org/contribute.html
> > http://rubyforge.org/mail/?group_id=797
> >
> > Cheers,
> > David
> >

> And thus arises my meta-question :).. Since I am quote new to this, I
> dont know how to submit a patch for this with a spec
>
> As far as I can see, it is a VERY trivial patch which involves adding
> quotes around a number in the generator templates. Should I just go
> ahead and do that? Or is there a spec that I can actually write for
> such a trivial patch,

I'll put up better instructions re: patches in the next release of the docs.

In the mean time, since you've diagnosed the problem what you've
reported above would be just fine. Something along the lines of
"mocking :to_param should return a Fixnum" as the title and then
describe the situation. Go ahead and stick that in the Bugs tracker
(rather than a patch).

Cheers,
David