[rspec-users] rspec and cookies

Francois Beausoleil francois.beausoleil at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 15:03:40 EST 2007

Hello David,

2007/1/29, David Green <justnothing at tiscali.co.uk>:
> I know I can use cookies[:name] = 'value' to set a cookie but how would I
> set expiry information on such a cookie? when i try to pass a hash {:value
> => 'value', :expires => 3.days.from_now} the entire hash becomes the value
> of cookies[:name]

When the cookie comes back through the browser, it never has any
expiration or options.  The browser handles that information.  That's
why you can't set those options on the requesting side.

When responding, however... that's another story.

Hope that helps !
--
François Beausoleil
http://blog.teksol.info/