[rspec-users] hello! first post + context_setup

Jodi Showers jodi at nnovation.ca
Wed Jan 24 14:39:54 EST 2007

Greetings all.

I'm looking over a 'greenfield' pasture, and enjoying the TDD(BDD)
process of creation.

I'm currently rspec'ing a finite state machine
(acts_as_state_machine). As such, I need to persist the model through
'specifies' within the context - from top to bottom.

I have bumped into a couple of probs:
	1. context_setup to define the doesn't permit access to fixtures.
"You have a nil object when you didn't expect it!"
         2. transactions are defined around each specify? For this
reason my specifies are very repetitive, encompassing all state
movement for all previous contexts.
         3. since 2 seems to be the case, it probably doesn't matter
- but is execution order  guaranteed for specifiy's ?

Thanx to the core team and contributors for rspec. The "diameter of
my smile" is wide.

General Partner
The nNovation Group inc.