[rspec-users] Collection proxies need to be stubbed ?

Francois Beausoleil francois.beausoleil at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 09:46:36 EST 2007

Hi all,

2007/1/21, David Chelimsky <dchelimsky at gmail.com>:
> <soapbox>
> Also, while this may be far from most people's minds, letting all of
> this AR goodness seep out past your model classes binds your
> application to AR. There are other persistence frameworks, like OG,
> that are promising. If you decided to give on a try, you'd have a much
> easier time if you encapsulate all of that goodness inside your models
> and expose methods that are framework neutral.
> Not saying that you shouldn't exploit AR goodness. Just that
> localizing the exploitation makes things more flexible in the long
> run.
> </soapbox>

So in essence, you are arguing for current_user.active_projects
instead of anything else, right :)

In my application, projects exist only in relationship to users.  And
users access projects through a Role.  That wasn't relevant in the
initial discussions, so I didn't speak about it.

Thanks all !
François Beausoleil