[rspec-users] Integration Testing - Wait, Watir, or Selenium

Shane Duan shane.duan at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 14:16:16 EST 2007

Selenium on rails uses the original selenium HTML driver and provides
API for generating the HTML

Selenium Ruby bundles the selenium server and the Selenium ruby RC as
well as providing additional API for domain based web testing
(http://selenium.rubyforge.org/doc/domain-based-web-testing.html)

I have contacted them to see if two projects can work together in some way.

Cheers
Shane

On 1/12/07, Brian Yamabe <brian at yamabe.net> wrote:
> Thanks for both the replies.  I saw Selenium on Rails, but missed the
> Selenium gem.
>
> ---Brian
>
> On Jan 12, 2007, at 8:34 AM, Shane Duan wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > What did you mean by Selenium integration with rspec?
> >
> > You can install the selenium gem.  Then you can control the start/stop
> > of selenium server and use the driver to drive the browser,
> >
> > http://selenium.rubyforge.org
> >
> > Cheers
> > Shane
> >
> > On 1/12/07, Brian Yamabe <brian at yamabe.net> wrote:
> >> I'm evaluating what to use for integration testing:
> >>
> >> SafariWatir
> >> - integrates nicely with RSpec
> >> - doesn't work with Ajax because of Safari event firing issues
> >>
> >> Selenium
> >> - Works with Ajax
> >> - doesn't integrate with RSpec
> >>
> >> What is the best guess timeframe for RSpec integration testing?
> >> Will it be able to test Ajax application in the early iterations?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Brian Yamabe
> >>

> > --
> > Shane