[rspec-users] rcov seg fault

Jonathan Tron jonathan at home.tron.name
Tue Jan 9 06:51:02 EST 2007

Le 9 janv. 07 à 11:58, Jonathan Tron a écrit :

> Le 9 janv. 07 à 11:37, Dylan Egan a écrit :
>> Hi
>> Trying to get rcov going (has been working), but with the following
>> context and specs it fails.
>> All I get is /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rspec-0.7.5/lib/spec/mocks/
>> error_generator.rb:53: [BUG] Segmentation fault
> I get the same error but only on my MacbookPro and only when using
> mock_model (cf: http://www.dzone.com/rsslinks/
> making_a_mockery_of_activerecord.html).
> The same code running on a debian server (ruby 1.8.5-4, rspec 0.7.5,
> rcov, Rails 1.2RC) don't produce the error... But I get
> failed specs I did not get on my MacbookPro (I'm using Cerberus for
> CI)

I just find the problem with different rspec results between my two
configuration... I use sqlite3 as test database and for a reason I
ignore, the rake task db:test:prepare seems to cause ActiveRecord to
pre-populate some of my models with quotes (''). My specs on
presence_of validations then just failed.
If I do a db:migrate / db:test:clone_structure and then run specs the
errors vanished...

Tron Jonathan