[rspec-users] drbspec - "no server running"

gmcinnes grant.mcinnes at utoronto.ca
Wed Feb 28 08:50:44 EST 2007

Hi:  I can't find the bug report.  Maybe you didn't make it yet.

I solved this by adding my machine name to /etc/localhosts - i.e. my
computer is called morgan, and I added:

127.0.0.1                      morgan

to that file.

It seems os x  fancypants name lookup system doesn't resolve the machine
name when making a gethostbyaddr(host)[0] call unless the machine name is in
localhost.  Seems to be a drb problem though.