[rspec-users] How can I spec this? The method gets passed a block...

Louis J Scoras louis.j.scoras at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 17:16:22 EST 2007

> but I can't do anything else.  Setting an expectation for :id, :views,
> and :date all fail.  It's obvious to me why it does...the stubbed
> :video method doesn't know to execute the stuff in the block.  So
> what's the best way to spec this?

You can stub the view method in the mock and have it yield so that the
block runs:

  specify "should create a video tag" do

Not really the cleanest solution for this spec since you really
shouldn't care that view was called.  That's why I stubbed it, rather
than using should_receive.  Not sure how else you could get around it