[rspec-users] Deferred success for specs?

Ashley Moran work at ashleymoran.me.uk
Fri Feb 23 10:59:02 EST 2007

I've started using specs as a to-do list.  I write explicitly
violated specs so I know what to come back to.  But a lot of the
time, that means if I start to work on another piece of functionality
covered by the same spec, it's hard to tell what I'm working on now
from the explicit failues.

I run all my specs through TextMate to use the HTML output, so I go
by the "95 specifications, 3 failures" line at the top.  I'd find it
useful if I could mark specs as failing but unimportant, eg "95
specifications, 1 failure, 2 deferred".  You could even display these
limbo specs in orange to separate them visually.

Anyone else think this is a good idea, or is there too much chance of
it being abused as a way of saying, "I'll get round to it when I can
be bothered"?  It's definitely better than commenting out specs,
which is really risky.

Ashley