[rspec-users] Using rspec_on_rails without a test database

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 19:55:22 EST 2007

On 2/21/07, Scott Taylor <scotttaylor at bigfoot.com> wrote:
> Is there some way to remove the database hit when running rake
> rspec:models ?

There's not yet, but you're not the first to ask:

It's something that we'll add sooner or later. In the mean time, there
is some writing about how to test Rails w/o a database using the tools
that ship w/ Rails that might help you. Check out Chad Fowler's book,
Rails Recipes, and also Jay Field's blog:

Hope that helps.