[rspec-users] Controller/View User Agent Strings

s.ross cwdinfo at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 20:22:05 EST 2007

Just checking. I guess it just seemed too easy :)

What happens when this page renders is a tag like:

<link href="/path/to/my/stylesheet.css?123453498">

Or something like that with the Rails asset tagging. What I want to
do is test that I'm responding to the user agent string correctly
using a matcher that looks for the filename, but disregards the asset

response.should have_tag('link', :attributes => {:href => /
response.should_not have_tag('link', :attributes => {:href => /ie.css/})

However, the "should have" expectations always pass no matter what.
Not coincidentally, the "should_not have" ones always fail.

I can see, looking at the Rails plugin source that my syntax is
broken and that the have_tag expectation was meant more to determine
whether the tag exists and how many times it occurs. Is there a
matcher that peers into the tag the way the old Test::Unit assertions