[rspec-users] "should.be_in [values]" and "each_should_satisfy"

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 19:27:15 EST 2007

On 2/13/07, Esad Hajdarevic <esad at esse.at> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I just started using RSpec and have some question that I couldn't find
> answers to.
>
> If I have a result that can have two valid values, is there a better way
> of writing
> the following assertion?
>
> [value1,value2].should_include actual

No, but you'll soon (0.8) be able to write your own custom expectation
matchers. So you'd be able to write, for example:

actual.should be_in(value1,value2)

> Is there a more elegant way of performing should_satisfy on a
> collection, for
> example I currently use something like collection.each {|x|
> x.should_satisfy {|x| ... } }
> which is very ugly. Is there something like each_should_satisfy?

There's not. Again, when 0.8 is released you'll be able to right this
yourself. Probably something like:

collection.should satisfy_for_each { |x| ... }

Coming soon....

Cheers,
David