[rspec-users] Specing Rails Views

Chris Anderson jchris at mfdz.com
Sun Feb 11 17:47:03 EST 2007

On 2/11/07, Graeme Nelson <graeme.nelson at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2)  add a method in my setup to mock the :logged_in? call in the
> template, like so:
>

>         @controller.template.stub!(:logged_in?).and_return(true)

This looks like a fine way to do it, to me. Treating logged_in? as
just another attribute to be passed to the view (albeit in a slightly
specialized way, as it is a method called in the view) seems like the
right thing. This would make it easy to spec views in both the logged
in and logged out cases.

I still haven't gotten into specing views - as long as they don't
throw nasty errors, and they are valid xml, I let my designers handle
the work. But once we stablize the look and feel, I'll probably be
looking to add some regression type verification on the views.

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchris.mfdz.com