[rspec-users] Mocks? Really?

Jay Levitt lists-rspec at shopwatch.org
Sun Dec 30 13:52:05 EST 2007

On 12/29/2007 5:46 PM, Francis Hwang wrote:

> - How quickly the business needs change. Designs for medical imaging
> software are likely to change less quickly than those of a consumer-
> facing website, which means you might have more or less time to tease
> out the forces that would lead you to an optimal design.

A few weeks ago, I ran across the following comment, explaining away 200
lines of copied-and-pasted internal structures in lieu of encapsulation,
in what was once the world's largest consumer-facing web site:

/* Yes, normally this would be              */
/* incredibly dangerous – but MainLoop is   */
/* very unlikely to change now (spring '00) */

Careful about those assumptions.

Jay Levitt