[rspec-users] rspec_autotest testing with the use of the controller Namespaces

Raecoo raecoo at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 11:20:15 EST 2007

Rails2.0  the official support of namespace, making it easier for
people with the usual habit of definition Controller
For example,We define the following Controller
  admin/hacks_controller
  this class namespace is Admin::HackController
When we use rspec_autotest for testing,Will be following error
  no such file to load -- ./spec/views/hacks/../../spec_helper (LoadError)

The wrong reason is very simple.
By default, rspec_autotest the loading path and does not take into
account the issue of naming space, so it is necessary to be loaded
their own.

There are two ways:
  First, edit documents in the corresponding Spec loading path

  require File.dirname(__FILE__) + '/../../spec_helper' ### here

  Another, add the overall load

  require File.expand_path(File.dirname(__FILE__) + "/../spec/spec_helper")

Two methods are very useful, but first some trouble.Choose your own
ways to use it

--
Best Wish For You

Raecoo