[rspec-users] Story runner rake task

James Deville james.deville at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 00:50:33 EST 2007

On Dec 19, 2007, at 9:44 PM, David Chelimsky wrote:

> On Dec 19, 2007 11:40 PM, James Deville <james.deville at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>

>> On Dec 19, 2007, at 9:38 PM, David Chelimsky wrote:

>>> Because I think it's premature to call anything related to story
>>> runner a convention. I actually organize them differently from what
>>> many are calling convention, and my way is not necessarily "right"
>>> or
>>> "better." Let's wait a while on this. We'll get there.
>>

>> Good enough for me. I just wanted a reason. May I ask how you set
>> them
>> up?
>
> Sure.
>
> stories/
> stories/helper.rb
> stories/steps/ (steps go in here - that seems to be the "convention")
> stories/stuff_related_to_one_feature
> stories/stuff_related_to_another_feature
> stories/stuff_related_to_yet_another_feature
>
> So in this case, the only thing that would be consistent across
> projects would be helper.rb and the steps directory. Even that should
> probably be called step_definitions or something. I'm not sure.
>
> Anyhow - that's where I'm at. How about you?

I've been doing a feature per file. So I have:

stories/
stories/helper.rb
stories/steps/
stories/stories/

So in stories/stories I have my stories with multiple scenarios per
story.

I'm definitely seeing your point, and the reason for leaving it as is.

Do you use selenium or anything like that via the stories? If not,
what kinds of things do you test with stories?

JD