[rspec-users] Fwd: Vim integration.

Kyle Hargraves philodespotos at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 15:50:59 EST 2007

On Dec 14, 2007 6:52 AM, Erik Terpstra <erik at ruby-lang.nl> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anybody have a vim script that enables me to run specs from within
> vim and have the cursor positioned on the right line in case of a backtrace?
>
> TIA,
>
> Erik.

Having finally gone back to vim from textmate (after finding
http://code.google.com/p/macvim/), I picked up tpope's rails.vim
again, which now has lots of rspec goodness, too. From inside a spec,
:Rake will run the spec, and jumps to the proper line in case of
failure. :A will move from spec to the implementation (or the
reverse), :AS will do it in a new split window, etc.

It's very, very nice.

Rails.vim only works, of course, within rails projects. And vim
internals terrify me, so I don't know how easily his magics could be
extracted. But if you're doing rails dev, rails.vim is definitely
worth checking out.

Refs:
http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=1567 - rails.vim
http://biodegradablegeek.com/2007/12/13/using-vim-as-a-complete-ruby-on-rails-ide/
- found this when googling for rails.vim, looks useful

Kyle