[rspec-users] new home for the rspec website

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 10:05:01 EST 2007

Hi all,

We've moved the rspec website to http://rspec.info. We want
http://rspec.org, of course, but someone is squatting on and has yet
to respond to my email :(

The 1.1.0 docs are there. The 1.0.8 docs are still at
http://rspec.rubyforge.org for the time being. We'll be archiving them
at the new site soon.

This new site is hosted on our shiny new sponsored slice at Engine
Yard, which will soon be the host for our source repository as well.

Speaking of the new source repo, we got a lot of feedback pushing
towards using git over hg, but we have some reasons that we might
prefer hg. So here's what we're going to do. We're going to work in
one for a month, and then the other, and then make a decision. I'll
follow up as to which we're using first and how to access the repo.

Either way, we'll continue to push changes over to the svn repo at
rubyforge, so if you don't want to participate in our experiment you
don't have to - though we will be asking patch contributors to so that
we can really get a feel for what it's like to deal with patches,
updates, etc with both tools.