[rspec-users] RSpec and Mock Tutorial/Cheatsheet

Scott Taylor mailing_lists at railsnewbie.com
Thu Dec 13 13:30:17 EST 2007

On Dec 13, 2007, at 12:36 PM, rspec at showcase60.com wrote:

> I wrote a simple summary of Mocks with RSpec as an answer to a
> discussion on our local Ruby users group.  I was wondering if people
> here could review it, adding comments for any corrections or other
> important ideas regarding mocks and RSpec.  You can find the article
> here: http://blog.showcase60.com/2007/12/13/rspec-mocks
>
> Thanks

hey - Thanks for the mention!

Just wanted to clarify this point:

"Mocha is one of those alternatives ...The benefit of Mocha is that
you can mock and stub methods on real classes and instances (not just
your mock models). So, if you’re specing class Foo, and you want to
assume that the method bar is working, you can just stub that out,
and focus on the part of the class that you’re creating at the moment."

Just to let you know, there is nothing stopping you from doing this
with rspec's mock/stub framework.

Scott