[rspec-users] Rspec 1.0.8 with Rails 2.0

Pat Maddox pergesu at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 23:17:34 EST 2007

On Dec 12, 2007 4:01 AM, aslak hellesoy <aslak.hellesoy at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 12, 2007 12:48 AM, Yitzhak Bar Geva <yitzhakbg at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Is it OK to go ahead and generate a Rails 2.0 project with RSpec 1.0.8? Am I
> > likely to run into problems?
>
> When we released RSpec 1.0.8 there was no Rails 2.0. We always have to
> do a fair amount of tweaks to keep up with Rails, so the versions
> you're talking about are incompatible.
>
> As a general rule: Each RSpec release will work with the latest Rails
> at the time of release. If you want to use a newer Rails, use RSpec
> trunk.

Do you think it would make sense to do an interim release of RSpec
whenever a new Rails version gets released?  It (probably) shouldn't
be based off of trunk, but rather the last stable release, with
whatever little bug fixes may be required to work with Rails.  That
way there's no question...for any Rails version, people have the
choice of using a stable version of RSpec trunk.

Pat