[rspec-users] Attachment-fu + Story Runner

Daniel Tenner daniel.ruby at tenner.org
Tue Dec 11 09:54:56 EST 2007

Hi Luis,

I read through that thread, but unfortunately it wasn't much help.

fixture_file_upload also creates an
ActionController::TestUploadedFile. It's is just a shortcut to
ActionController::TestUploadedFile.new.

There's no problem with the path - it creates the fixture and loads
the file, and has the right values inside if I inspect the params
directly before posting them:

{:filename=>"file-
TFile.txt", :uploaded_data=>#<ActionController::TestUploadedFile:
0x33f83bc @content_type=#<Mime::Type:0x10e2490 @symbol=:text,
@synonyms=[], @string="text/plain">, @tempfile=#<File:/tmp/
test_upload29049-0.txt>, @original_filename="test_upload.txt">}

It's only once this is passed into the controller that it all gets
to_s'ed.

I like the idea of 'providing a real file upload', but I'm not sure
how to do that in a Story... if anyone has any suggestions or
pointers, they would be welcome!

Thanks,

Daniel