[rspec-users] Duplicate error messages

Richard Manyanza lists at ruby-forum.com
Mon Dec 10 08:40:55 EST 2007

I am running rails 1.2.3 and rspec 1.0.8 on os X 10.4 and I am having a
problem with one of my model specs (User class). For some reason rspec
is throwing repeating errors. If the error I expect is "email is
required", I end up getting it several times. What's even more
confusing, my spec passes without DRB, but with DRB is when all the
multiple errors show up. At the moment I have stripped away all but one
spec in the file, one that checks for errors when you validate a new
object but the problem still persists even with this very basic spec.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!