[rspec-users] What to test for views?

Michael Klishin michael.s.klishin.lists at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 01:07:16 EST 2007

I first started to check things existence in the resulting page but
quickly decided to only check for permission-affected links, forms,
etc. Though if your applications are RESTful it would be good idea to
check http method form uses and hidden fields that Rails uses to
piggyback PUT and DELETE on top of POST.

On 9 дек. 2007, at 22:58, Chris Olsen wrote:

> When you guys test views, what are you testing? Do you just test that
> all the form fields exist in a new.rhtml, that all form fields are
> filled in an edit.rhtml, and that all the proper columns are are shown
> in a index.rhtml page, or is there something more that should be
> tested?

MK