[rspec-users] What to test for views?

Andrew WC Brown omen.king at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 23:58:34 EST 2007

I think what David said before about spec views is take it with a grain of
salt.
If you think you need to check the presence of every field go ahead.

When I spec out my views I only spec what needs to be there:

I won't check for the presence of a form fields new.rhtml_spec.rb
I would place my fields in a partial called fields and I spec their presence
in _fields.html_spec.rb
I would spec in my new.rhtml_spec.rb if the partial fields was rendered.

It may satisfy you just to have a spec that says:

it "should show form" do
  response.shouldhave_tag("form[action=#{projects_path(@game)}][method=post]")
end

Its all up to you how granular you want to get.