[rspec-users] params not available for controller specs?

Al Chou hotfusionman at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 4 15:09:42 EST 2007

I  get what you're saying, but I was trying to fix a bug in existing code in Substruct (that I did not write) that was caused by Rails passing the array as a /-delimited string and then not automatically decoding that string.  As Substruct does not say that Edge Rails is a requirement, I felt it was worth documenting what I had to change to run it on Rails 1.2.x.  Every code change should be driven by a test or example; perhaps in this situation I should've gone over to Test::Unit instead of staying in RSpec?  An interesting philosophical thought....

Al