[rspec-users] params not available for controller specs?

Al Chou hotfusionman at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 4 11:19:04 EST 2007

Going back to my original message, I have the following at the beginning of the download method:

   def download
   @orders = Order.find( params[:ids] )

The problem is that params[:ids], although built as an Array object by the view that calls the download method on the controller, is passed as a /-delimited string of id values.  Order.find() will not do the desired thing with that string, which was intended to be an array by the view, but Rails passed it in a string representation.  So the method really should be

   def download

   @orders = Order.find( params[:ids].split( '/' ) )

and what I'm trying to spec is the addition of the call to split().

Al