[rspec-users] params not available for controller specs?

Jarkko Laine jarkko at jlaine.net
Tue Dec 4 10:31:11 EST 2007

On 4.12.2007, at 17.13, Al Chou wrote:

> Ah, thanks!  That was a breakthrough.  My mock object "ids_string"
> isn't receiving the method calls I expect (even though the code
> under test actually does what I want it to do and works correctly),
> but at least I'm past the params issue.

You don't get the same object through the action queue, which is
another reason for not mocking something there. "string 1" is not
necessarily the same object as "string 1"  and Rails will do a lot of
processing to the parameters before they end up in the params hash.

Just assume that a similar string will get passed through and spec
that the behaviour is what you expect.

What kind of method calls are you expecting/stubbing for a string?

Jarkko Laine