[rspec-users] params not available for controller specs?

Al Chou hotfusionman at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 4 04:28:40 EST 2007

I actually did stub Order.find() but was getting a nil object error because params[:ids] was nil.  I can't write

controller.download :ids => '1/2/3'

in the controller spec, and

get download, :ids => ids_string

results in the following error message:

NameError in 'Admin::OrdersController should split the params[:ids] string to create an array of id's to find for downloading'
undefined local variable or method `download' for [RSpec example]:#<Class:0x34939e8>
./spec/controllers/admin/orders_controller_spec.rb:14:

Al