[rspec-users] params not available for controller specs?

Al Chou hotfusionman at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 4 03:17:40 EST 2007

Hi, all,

I'm trying to write a spec for a controller method that starts out:

  def download
    @orders = Order.find( params[:ids] )

and started writing a spec that set params[:ids] to a mock.  I was surprised to discover that controller specs (at least in RSpec 1.0.8) don't offer the use of the params object (per http://rspec.rubyforge.org/documentation/rails/writing/controllers.html), though assigns, flash, and session are available.  Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems to me that it would be helpful if controller specs could use params also....

Al