[rspec-users] specifying an HTTP status code

Francis Hwang sera at fhwang.net
Sat Dec 1 15:45:16 EST 2007

Hi all,

I'm just starting to work w/ RSpec, so I hope this question isn't too
obvious or missing the point somehow: Is there a way in RSpec to
specify that a controller action should use a specific HTTP status
code? Specifically I want to test for the usage of 301 as opposed to
302, for a permanent redirection.

response.should be_redirect

looks like it calls ActionController::TestRequest#redirect?, which is
only testing for a status code from 300..399. In an old-fashioned
Test::Unit Rails test I could do assert_response, but I can't see
anything matching that in RSpec. Is there a less-documented feature
I'm missing?

Thanks,

Francis Hwang
http://fhwang.net/