[rspec-users] Foreign key constraints, fixtures, and rake task

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 11:08:00 EDT 2007

On 8/27/07, Jay Levitt <lists-rspec at shopwatch.org> wrote:
> Tilmann Singer wrote:
> > * Jay Levitt <lists-rspec at shopwatch.org> [20070827 03:51]:
> >> What's rake doing differently?
> >
> > rake spec isn't doing anything fundamentally different, but the order
> > the specs are run is propably randomly different from when you run
> > them with spec so they happen to pass in one case and fail in the
> > other.
> Nope, it's definitely not random - script/spec works every time, rake
> fails every time.

By default, the spec.opts file, which is loaded w/ the rake task, but
not implicitly with the script/spec command, uses --reverse, so the
files are run in reverse order. That would support Tilmann's theory
combined with your observation that they consistently pass one way and
fail the other.

This information should shed some light on your questions below as well.