[rspec-users] Testing c code with rspec?

Ben Mabey ben at benmabey.com
Sun Aug 26 23:25:57 EDT 2007

Hey all,
Has any one ever tested or try to test c code with rspec?  I am using
system calls to my compiled c program and testing against the standard
output but I would like to get a lot more granular than this.  I have
experimented with using RubyInline to test individual functions and that
works on functions that are not calling other c functions.  I have some
other ideas on how to do this but they all seem around about ways... I
have never used RubyInline before nor have I integrated c or c++ with
Ruby before so I'm guessing there is a much better way to go about
this.   Any ideas/suggestions on how to best test c code with rSpec?