[rspec-users] howto regressions on environment.rb in Rails projects

Scott Taylor mailing_lists at railsnewbie.com
Sun Aug 26 18:43:14 EDT 2007

How would one write a spec on environment.rb in a rails app?

I was requiring a gem in environment.rb, but received a
"MissingSourceError".  Generally, ruby raises a LoadError when it
can't find a gem, but rails overrides this to raise a
MissingSourceError (since rails is expecting a required file to be in
lib/...).  How would I write a spec to override this behavior, such
that a more friendly error message would be raised (such as:
LoadError, "you must install the xyz gem!") ?

Regards,

Scott