[rspec-users] Extra Options to Heckle

Robert Feldt robert.feldt at bth.se
Sun Aug 19 02:05:18 EDT 2007

What would be the best format for heckle options (through
> OptionParser) via the spec-command?

When we discussed this a few months back I proposed something like:

One alternative I thought of is to have a standard way to "promote" options
to other tools that spec invokes. Along the lines of:

spec --heckle --options-heckle "--verbose --branches
MyModule::MyClass#my_method" ...

and the argument to --options-heckle (or --options-rcov etc) would simply be
passed along in the call to heckle. This would cover more situations with a
single solution.

/Robert Feldt