[rspec-users] [rspec] looking for a simple refresher

rupert rupert_apsc at rupespad.com
Fri Aug 17 19:25:16 EDT 2007

what's in the create method of the controller?? you've only given the
contents of the new method - and without knowing what you want it to
do it's hard to know what will work.

Assuming it's the normal

def create
  @ticket = Ticket.new(params(:ticket])
   if @ticket.save
    ....etc etc
end

then something like the following should work:

describe TicketsController, "handling POST /tickets" do
   before do
     @ticket = mock_model(Ticket, :save => true)
     Ticket.stub!(:new).and_return(@ticket)
     @params = {}
   end

   def do_post
     post :create, :ticket => @params
   end

   it "should create a new ticket" do
     ticket.should_receive(:new).with(@params).and_return(@ticket)
     do_post
   end

   it "should assign the ticket for the view" do
     do_post
     assigns[:ticket].should equal(@ticket)
   end

   it "should save the new ticket" do