[rspec-users] undefined method `mock_model' for [RSpec example]:#<Class:0x25550a8>

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 10:32:02 EDT 2007

On 8/16/07, Zach Dennis <zach.dennis at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am getting:
>   undefined method `mock_model' for [RSpec example]:#<Class:0x25550a8>

The fact that it says [RSpec example] means that it's not the right
class for a view spec. The plugin knows how to create the right class
based on one of two things:

If the file is below /spec/views/

describe "...", :behaviour_type => :view do

If the spec you're running satisfies either of these, you shouldn't be
seeing this.

> with my view specs after upgrading to 1.0.8. Is anyone else seeing this?
> To isolate the message I did the following setup:
>  - create new rails project (with edge)
>  - installed rspec and rspec_on_rails
>  - ran rake spec
>  - ran script/generate rspec_scaffold products
>  - tried to run a builtin view spec

When you say "builtin view spec," do you mean one that was generated
by running the rspec_scaffold generator?