[rspec-users] AssociationTypeMismatch with RSpec 1.0.8, autotest running with drb

Edward Ocampo-Gooding edward.og at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 14:44:23 EDT 2007

Before I chalk this up as a bug and report it, I just want to make sure I'm not
doing something silly.

Running ZenTest's autotest on OS 10.4.10 with RSpec 1.0.8, drb, produces the
following failed test:

ActiveRecord::AssociationTypeMismatch in 'User should create an avatar with
uploaded_data'
Avatar expected, got Avatar

This only happens with that exact configuration; turning off drb will fix it, as
will running 'rake spec' instead.

I saw something like this in Brian's post here
[http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/rspec-devel/2007-June/003032.html] but it's a
little strange that it only gets triggered in this exact setup.

Any ideas why?

Edward