[rspec-users] FixtureScenarios

Scott Taylor mailing_lists at railsnewbie.com
Fri Aug 10 15:22:58 EDT 2007

On Aug 10, 2007, at 10:01 AM, David Chelimsky wrote:

> On 8/10/07, Lance Carlson <lancecarlson at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thusfar, my experience with stubbing and mocking has not been a walk
>> in the park either. Hopefully this will change when rspec's mocking
>> and stubbing matures some more.
>
> Please elaborate. What new features are you expecting rspec's mocking
> framework to adopt?

I would really like to see better support for anonymous functions +
and what they execute.  I've posted several emails now about spec'ing
anonymous functions and have gotten no replies.

I think the fixture problem has been the mutability of data while
doing TDD/BDD.  When you change a field name, do you end up changing
6 fixture records field names?  What about if you change the data
that a model should have?  This is the real advantage to generating
the fixture data in ruby - it allows more rapid BDD.

Scott