[rspec-users] Can't seem to spec a ActiveRecord::RecordInvalid exception properly...

Fischer, Daniel daniel at danielfischer.com
Wed Aug 8 17:08:24 EDT 2007

 1   def create
 2     @user = User.new(params[:user])
 3     @user.save!
 4     self.current_user = @user
 5     redirect_to user_path(@user)
 6     flash[:notice] = "Thanks for signing up!"
 7   rescue ActiveRecord::RecordInvalid
 8     render :action => 'new'
 9   end

I can't seem to properly spec this out. I am trying numerous things, the
latest one is this, which makes sense but it still fails...

  it "should re-render new on an invalid record exception" do
    post :create, :user => {:login => nil}
    response.should render_template(:new)

should re-render new on an invalid record exception
expected "new", got nil

Any help would be great, thanks!