[rspec-users] using RSpec's trunk in non-rails projects w/ Autotest

Scott Taylor mailing_lists at railsnewbie.com
Wed Aug 8 16:36:36 EDT 2007

On Aug 8, 2007, at 4:30 PM, David Chelimsky wrote:

> On 8/8/07, Scott Taylor <mailing_lists at railsnewbie.com> wrote:
>> I was working on the same issue David was (to fix autotest to work
>> for RSpec's trunk), only to find that David had modified it.
>
> Sorry - I saw the RFE and was taking a look at solutions and it was
> too easy to not just do.
>
>> I have refactored the autotest plugin to use vendor/plugin/rspec/bin
>> if that exists, and have spec'ed out most of the Autotest.  This
>> means that a non-rails project could use vendor/plugins w/ rspec
>> checked out, and autotest should work out of the box.
>>
>> Right now spec coverage is at 99.7%, so I'm working on finishing up
>> the specs for RSpec's autotest.  (David, I assume this would be
>> welcome?)
>
> Absolutely!!!! I'll stay out of your way on this one :)

Unfortunately, the specs (for the rest of our Autotest plugin) are
coupled with the original refactoring that I made.  I hope that's
alright (I've had this problem with multiple patch dependencies in
the past).

If that's not OK, then I'll submit them, and write some throw away
specs for the version that is currently on trunk.

Scott