[rspec-users] RSpec book?

Pat Maddox pergesu at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 14:07:23 EDT 2007

It's dated, as far as the Java side goes.  A lot of the examples don't
work anymore.  This wouldn't be a problem if it were just writing
classes and text-based programs (because then it's cake to do it in
Ruby ;), but in his example he creates a full-blown GUI app.  So it's
kind of hard to follow along, and I think a book about testing is of
limited use when you can't really test the code ;)

However it's still good from a conceptual standpoint, it drives home
the point that TDD is about design, not testing.

I really like Kent Beck's book, although it's more about testing
techniques than using TDD as a design tool.

This is an area where there's certainly a void, I think.  All the
people who've really mastered TDD/BDD are probably too busy working to
write a book.  I'm definitely looking forward to this.

Pat