[rspec-users] Problems with RESTfully generated helpers

Lance Carlson lancecarlson at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 10:26:21 EDT 2007

I am using helper the RESTfully generated helper methods in my views.
My routes are nested so the helpers appear to need arguments passed to
them, but it works without arguments. Say for example I have pages and
comments. If I do page_comments_path without parameters, it works.
However, when I run the rspec test, it fails and tells me i'm missing
parameters. I tried to pass params[:page_id], but it still says it
needs parameters. I did fill in the parameters like it asked and the
test passed, but I think my views look cleaner without the arguments
being passed everywhere. Do I have to stub these methods to get my
views to pass, or is there some other way?