[rspec-users] :render expects possible?

Edward Ocampo-Gooding edward.og at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 10:36:29 EDT 2007

>>> In trunk, when you call should_receive(:render) you will get an error
>>> saying you should use the new method (also in trunk)
>>> controller.expects_render.
>> Right on. Thanks for the tip.
>>
>> By the way, is there support for catching methods that haven't been
>> stubbed out on mock objects and throwing appropriate warnings?
>
> Sorry but I don't really understand what you mean? Can you give an example?

Frustratingly, no. I tried to reproduce it with what I remember I had
yesterday, but the bug that triggered the river of rspec debugging code
has yet to resurface. (I think it had something to do with calling to_s
on mock objects in a certain way, but I can't seem to remember.)

Basically, what I was trying to say was that I was hoping that if you
had something like

   language = mock_model(Language)

then later called

   language.name

it would say something along the lines of "you've called a mock object's
method that you forgot to stub", but I see that it already does this
under normal conditions.

I'll let you know if I find the bug again.