[rspec-users] spec'ing a call to exit

Scott Taylor mailing_lists at railsnewbie.com
Wed Apr 18 11:55:58 EDT 2007

On Apr 18, 2007, at 8:02 AM, aslak hellesoy wrote:

> On 4/18/07, Scott Taylor <mailing_lists at railsnewbie.com> wrote:
>>
>> How would I spec a call to exit?  I can't seem to stub it - rspec
>> throws an error.
>>

> I'm not sure what "speccing a call to exit" means because it's too
> vague. Is the spec calling exit or is the code under test calling exit
> (perhaps as the result of calling some other method from the spec)?
>
> What behaviour are you expecting in what situation?

The behavior is to call exit when a certain exception is raised (for
instance, an Interrupt signal).

I'm actually going to eliminate this from my code, as I can just call
break instead (I'm breaking from an otherwise infinite loop).  Just
to satisfy my curiosity, though, what are your thoughts?

Thanks,

Scott