[rspec-users] ZenTest autotest now handles RSpec, yay!

Nick Sieger nicksieger at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 10:50:52 EDT 2007

On 4/17/07, Marcus Ahnve <marcus at ahnve.com> wrote:
> On 4/13/07, Matt Aimonetti <matttemp at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Josh Knowles http://joshknowles.com/ just let me know that ZenTest Autotest
> > 3.50 now handles your RSpec specs.
> It seems that autotest assumes you are using integrated views specs.
> I've changed my rspec_rails_autotest.rb accordingly to run view specs
> automatically:
>     # when %r%^app/views/layouts/(.*)\.rhtml% then
>     #   ["spec/views/layouts/#{$1}_spec.rb"]
>     when %r%^app/views/(.*)\.rhtml$% then
>       ["spec/views/#{$1}_view_spec.rb"]

Yeah, this is reasonable -- when I first wrote the code I more or less
ported the autotest for Rails, before RSpec had standalone view
testing.  It's not clear to me right now how to allow rspec/autotest
to be customized depending on whether you do standalone or integrated
views, to ensure that the right specs get run, other than to make the
change you make here.